POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray just doesn't fit in a production workflow : Re: POV-Ray just doesn't fit in a production workflow Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:12:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray just doesn't fit in a production workflow
From: ABX
Date: 29 Dec 2003 06:16:09
Message: <tq20vvo5scgqe8fe17fgiq862r2qiglun2@4ax.com>
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 19:22:10 +0100, Fabien Mosen <fab### [at] skynetbe>
wrote:
> POV-Ray was never intended to be used in production.
> [...]
> POV-Ray has it's own "personality"

On the other hand thinking about "production" as "high quality art" and
observing quality of average image nowadays and 5 years ago in
povray.binaries.images I think POV-Ray's personality allows it to be used in
production succesfuly. I can easy imagine book, pictures in art-museum,
decorations and illustartions in newspaper made only with POV-Ray. Every tool
has its masters and its newbies.

ABX