POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Batman : Re: Batman Server Time
10 Oct 2024 04:36:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Batman
From: Kyle
Date: 4 Aug 2008 08:56:30
Message: <tpud9454b7tbkmjspm7i89tmessl7hp7pt@4ax.com>
On 1 Aug 2008 17:18:22 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>  I have somewhat mixed feelings about the latest movie, but overall
>I liked it. It avoided the same (IMO) mistake of Batman Begins, where
>it started awesomely well but then degraded to the point of becoming
>completely ridiculous. The Dark Knight was, IMO, quite good all the way
>through.

I agree with this 100%.

>  This shouldn't be a very big spoiler, but don't expect the Joker in
>the movie to be the Joker in the comics. If you discard all expectations,
>the character is quite awesome. (At first I was a bit disappointed because
>he's not really the Joker from the comics, but thinking about it aftwards,
>they pulled it out pretty well regardless.)

I think Heath Ledger did an excellent job in his role.  He was quite impressive.

I really like Christian Bale in most of the roles he plays, but not so much as Batman.
 He did well as the Bruce Wayne character, but I couldn't get past his Batman voice,
which was quite lame, IMHO.