POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : PoseRay for Macintosh v 0.1 beta : Re: PoseRay for Macintosh v 0.1 beta Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:59:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoseRay for Macintosh v 0.1 beta
From: Tom Stone
Date: 5 Nov 2001 00:06:10
Message: <tom.stone-0511010631040001@d212-151-225-16.swipnet.se>
In article <1f29jox.ndczk317mplbqN%smellenbergh@skynet.be>,
sme### [at] skynetbe (smellenbergh) wrote:

>That seems to be a problem in 3.5. It should not crash when running out
>of memory.

I'm just on my way to work out of town for a week. Can you tell Thorsten
about this, if you think that he is unaware of it?

>> That can be done with MartinC's "SpeedBump", a plugin for
>> GraphicConverter, that can be found at: http://www.soft-rabbit.com
>Thanks for the hint.
>We will add that to the docs. In fact, we must write the docs completely

I think that some info from the tutorials that Gilles Tran has on his site
could be useful. Maybe he can allow you to use some of his text?

>> The only thing that could be desired now is to have PoseRay calculate the
>> center of each body part, to make it easier to get it to interact with
>> other pov-objects. :-)
>You already have the min and max in the pov file. Could you not use
>that?

Yes, I could. I wasn't totally serious in my request. I still haven't had
much chance to play around with it. Though, if I would try to make
pov-generated laserbeams that shoots out from the eyes of a Poser figure,
then I guess that it would be nice to quickly find the center of the eyes.
But that is a small thing that probably can be solved in other ways.

Anyway, thanks again for this excellent tool!
Tom Stone

--
Tom Stone
Domarebacken 42, 14557 Norsborg, Sweden