POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Patch idea : Re: Patch idea Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:29:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Patch idea
From: ABX
Date: 26 Aug 2003 06:27:54
Message: <tjcmkvk7j6jg2c3nqhc3fi9lm2pvb5roc7@4ax.com>
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 23:44:57 -0500, "Micheal \(Mike\) Williams"
<mic### [at] quixnetnet> wrote:
> I have been toying with an idea. All objects in real life have a thickness
> to them. The metal of a car is thick enough that we can see it rounded at
> the edges. The idea is to treat triangles as though they have a thickness.

Such patch exist as internal function and is included in MegaPOV 1.0. It is
also available without patching as written in SDL function within IsoCSG
library. I made with it several meshes like f_teapot, see:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/29800/. See:
http://abx.art.pl/pov/patches/f_triangle.php . Every optimization with faster
calculations is welcome.

ABX