POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Strange behaviour of superellipsoid with orthographic camera : Re: Strange behaviour of superellipsoid with orthographic camera Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange behaviour of superellipsoid with orthographic camera
From: Peter Popov
Date: 13 Jun 2000 18:33:37
Message: <taddksgoap5pnopkj729cii8dpk62k6jd3@4ax.com>
On Tue, 13 Jun 2000 20:16:48 +0200, hjp### [at] SiKituwsracat (Peter
J. Holzer) wrote:

>While playing around with superellipsoids and the orthographic camera I
>found that the superellipsoid vanishes if the camera is pointing exactly
>along the X axis. Here is a short scene file to demonstrate the effect:

You're right it has been discussed but I don't recall anyone coming up
with a solution. IIRC, though, the person who discovered the bug had a
more typical camera setup, i.e. camera at -z looking at z. Maybe it is
related to the camera rays being parallel to one of the
superellipsoid's local axes. A superelly is a strange beast :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet