POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Unicode ; PAL Animation : Re: Unicode ; PAL Animation Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unicode ; PAL Animation
From: Mike Williams
Date: 25 Aug 2003 01:56:09
Message: <tMbHtAAZRaS$EwRu@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Rafal 'Raf256' Maj who wrote:

>Hi, I have two quick problems that comed up during writting my "Matrix"
>animation.
>
>1) How can I use unicode, i.e. I have to use my country-specyfic character,
>that is present in encodings iso-8859-2 and/or windows-1250
>Ofcourse it is present in all popular fonts like verdana.
>And how can I use this character in text{} ?

POVRay supports Unicode Transformation Format-8. Use
        global_settings {charset utf8}

Iso-8859-2 encodes regional characters differently from unicode, so I
guess that won't work. I'm not familiar with Windows-1250.

>2) I have image that looks good rendered at 320x240
>What .ini width/height schould I choose, and what aspect_ratio for camera
>to render same animation for PAL standard (TV) ? I want i.e. sphere { 0 1 }
>to look on TV like a circle, not elipse.

I thought that PAL standard TV was 4:3, which is the same as 320:240.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure