POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Linux question [off-topic] : Re: Linux question [off-topic] Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:39:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux question [off-topic]
From: Peter Popov
Date: 10 Nov 2002 09:12:01
Message: <t0qssuktb97h5lp5mcul1gmeasacknm8qp@4ax.com>
On Sun, 10 Nov 2002 17:32:15 +1100, Daniel Matthews <dan#@3-e.net>
wrote:

>Hmmm that is odd, I have a less powerful FW based on Mandrake 8.2 that can
>happily pull down full ISO files at up to 600KB/sec via my cable modem.

600KB is not 4 times 100 MBit :)

>Perhaps it is the kernel version you have

2.4.19, SMP-enabled, P-II optimized. Should be fast enough.

>do you have a default uniprocessor kernel you can boot to see if the problem
>still occurs?

I can try that.

>What did you build your FW and NAT rules with?

iptables

>Are they complex?

No, not at all! Here's the relevant part.

$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $WAN -o $LAN -m state \
 --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $LAN -o $WAN -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -j LOG
$IPTABLES -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o $WAN -j MASQUERADE

I don't think there's anything in there that would account for the
phenomenon. Maybe I'm looking in the completely wrong place?

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg