POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : pov2 html on-line : Re: pov2 html on-line Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:33:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov2 html on-line
Date: 19 Mar 2002 03:58:51
Message: <soud9ucn05tt3h9qbsuiup1im475juefct@4ax.com>
On Mon, 18 Mar 2002 20:42:18 +0100, Lutz-Peter Hooge <lpv### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> > I'm using IE5.
> > Take a look at urls:
> > result of your script: http://www.bmt.com.pl/Poligrodzianie/sigs_ie5.png
>
> Thanks. It really seems to be a bug in IE, it seems that inside a <pre>-
> block it interprets multiple <br> Tags as if there where only one.

I'm no good with english langauge details but I feel it can depend on
interpretation of specification. We can read at
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/text.html#edef-BR
"The BR element forcibly breaks (ends) the current line of text."
But what it should do when there is a break by <BR> already ?
When you write <B><B>word</B></B> is this word more bold ?
I suggest to use different handling of line breaks.

ABX