POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Product of an unbalanced mind : Re: Product of an unbalanced mind Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:17:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Product of an unbalanced mind
From: Joel Yliluoma
Date: 22 Oct 2007 04:01:08
Message: <slrnfhom63.ers.bisqwit@bisqwit.iki.fi>
On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 21:12:45 +0100, Orchid XP v7 wrote:
> Suddenly I have the strong urge to go create this recording! (But I
> don't know where I can get hold of a speech syntesizer - especially one
> where you can control rhythem and pitch precisely where needed.)

Festival does fine.

For example, a few months ago I created this a-cappella Super Mario Bros.
theme featuring the voice talents of Tomohisa Tachiki and Yoram Meron,
synthesized using the jp1 and jp2 sound sets in mbrola.

http://bisqwit.iki.fi/music/misc/smb1mbrola.mp3

Mbrola: http://tcts.fpms.ac.be/synthesis/mbrola.html
Festival: http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/festival/

Another song try, not so good though: