POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Portal : Re: Portal Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Portal
From: Joel Yliluoma
Date: 20 Oct 2007 15:17:44
Message: <slrnfhkl2o.cm7.bisqwit@bisqwit.iki.fi>
On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 22:10:58 +0100, Orchid XP v7 wrote:
> The main problem is walking through one portal, falling out of the
> other, rotating cat-style while in free fall, trying to figure out where
> the hell you are and which way you're facing, and... oh wait, I'm on the
> ground again. :-S

Precisely the same problem here. It looks so easy when the people
who post at youtube do it, but when I do it, I'm almost never facing
the correct direction when raising up from a portal placed in floor
after falling through another also in the floor (yes, talking about
level 18).

Also regarding the puzzles, I'm impressed at Warp's acute sense of
solutions. I was stuck somewhere for a long time, and ended up inventing
"wrong" solutions at a couple of places instead of much simpler ones.

But I'm no gamer, this is the first video game _ever_ that I have bought.

--
Joel Yliluoma - http://bisqwit.iki.fi/
: comprehension = 1 / (2 ^ precision)