POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Backmasking and pattern recognision : Re: Backmasking and pattern recognision Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Backmasking and pattern recognision
From: Joel Yliluoma
Date: 8 Oct 2007 10:12:42
Message: <slrnfgken7.h1c.bisqwit@bisqwit.iki.fi>
On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 15:18:40 +0200, Rune wrote:
> http://www.alphageeks.dk/backwards%20masking.mp4
>
> Just one more little funny demonstration of how
> faulty our sense of perception is. :)

The funny thing is, the first time I heard of that
second part was somewhere in 1989.

Some christian group had worked hard deciphering those backwards
"messages", and Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven was but one of the
examples where they were found.
I had a tape that explained how rock music is the works of devil,
using those as examples. I don't remember anymore, but it may have
explained other things too, such as drug use or something, but at
this point that is just guessing, because I really only remember
that backwards messages part.
I don't remember the full list of examples they played,
but I remember there was also Queen's Another one bites the dust.

--
Joel Yliluoma - http://bisqwit.iki.fi/
: comprehension = 1 / (2 ^ precision)