POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A very interesting article about light pollution : Re: A very interesting article about light pollution Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:16:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A very interesting article about light pollution
From: Joel Yliluoma
Date: 13 Sep 2007 05:43:38
Message: <slrnfei1il.5h8.bisqwit@bisqwit.iki.fi>
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:56:20 +0100, Phil Cook wrote:
> Mines the reverse, people driving along with full lights on when they
> don't need to. Really don't see many people driving without lights at
> night, some faulty ones perhaps or just side-lights (which is legal in
> street-lit areas). Biggest bugbear now is those cars that switch the
> side-lights on automatically regardless of light conditions Seriously
> people if I can't see your car in full bloody daylight having two dim
> lights on at the front ain't gonna make a difference.

The problem with driving lights off is, that sometimes it is difficult
to determine, whether the car you see somewhere is parked or just has
a driver who mistakenly thinks that the only purpose of the lights is
for you to see your surroundings.

--
Joel Yliluoma - http://bisqwit.iki.fi/
: comprehension = 1 / (2 ^ precision)