POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help Trace (easy) : Re: Help Trace (easy) Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:21:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help Trace (easy)
From: Jettero Heller
Date: 17 Feb 2004 07:00:31
Message: <slrnc340iu.gad.povfan@corky.voltar-confed.org>
In article <d0m### [at] econymdemoncouk>, Mike Williams wrote:
> box {min_extent(THING),max_extent(THING)
>   pigment {rgbt <1,0,0,0.9>}
> }

I've never heard of these extents... They got me fairly close.
http://www.voltar.org/tmp/goban2.snaps/extents.png

> It would be tricky to use trace() on this object unless you ...

The shape isn't very irregular, so it shouldn't be difficult to
tune the trace -- if I had any idea how to use it.  I don't
understand how to use trace at all.  I would really appreciate an
example.

I just re-read the trace section and didn't really even turn up a
hint as to how to call/use the macro.

--
If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming.
50 jumps, 15.0 minutes of freefall, 31.3 ff vertical miles.