POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Foot Ideas : Foot Ideas Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Foot Ideas
From: Jettero Heller
Date: 19 Aug 2003 10:27:33
Message: <slrnbk4cse.42b.povfan@corky.voltar-confed.org>
The people in this group are so helpful I can hardly stand
it.  So, before I start, thanks!

-=-=-=-=-=-

I'm trying to make something like this:
    http://samarkand.net/Web_store/Html/Images/20F_foot.jpg

I tried to make a sphere and cut it with toroids... I got
this and this:
    http://www.voltar.org/tmp/goban2.snaps/colorballs.png
    http://www.voltar.org/tmp/goban2.snaps/wronglegs.png

It's rough, obviously, but clearly isn't the shape I was
going for. :) In fact, CSG may be the wrong approach
entirely.  Though, I have made some complicated things with
CSG:
    http://www.voltar.org/povray/lightsaber-030321160919.png
    http://www.voltar.org/povray/warhammer-0302281425.png

-=-=-=-=-=-

What I can't figure is how to do those little ridges on the
20F_foot.

1) Any suggestions to get to my 20F_foot welcome --
especially CSG methods?

2) What mesh editors are popular for this sort of thing?  I
got both wings3d and pygmalion working, but I don't appear
to be any good at all with 3d (totally incompetant actually)
modeling UIs.

--
If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming.
41 jumps, 8.9 minutes of freefall, 19.2 ff vertical miles.