POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help with thin object : Re: Help with thin object Server Time
9 Sep 2024 23:19:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with thin object
From: Jettero Heller
Date: 15 Aug 2003 10:14:49
Message: <slrnbjpqkq.qt1.povfan@corky.voltar-confed.org>
OK, as long as it's on topic sorta.  I noticed that you positioned
the stones in the lids by hand.  Do you know of a way to position
objects automatically... Um ... as if they had fallen there?

I've been trying to reason out a way to do that, but I think it's
impossible.  I doubt I could calculate the edge of one of my
stones... oddly shaped as they are.

Does povray or it's plugins have a way of doing anything like
gravity and/or edge detection?

--
If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming.
39 jumps, 8.0 minutes of freefall, 14.5 ff vertical miles.