POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : New release Pyvon : Re: What is the fuss about emacs ? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 15:24:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is the fuss about emacs ?
From: Steve
Date: 30 Nov 2002 10:18:59
Message: <slrnauhlmo.c2o.steve@zeropps.org.uk>
On 28 Nov 2002 03:42:55 -0500, Warp wrote:

>   This is the .emacs I have configured for myself over the years. It will
> work with GNU Emacs 21.* (currently I use 21.2.1). It has a couple of things
> which won't work in Emacs 20.* (and there really isn't any reason to use
> the older version anyways).

I've just d/l'd the latest stable version 21.2.92.  I like the syntax
highlighting when run with -nw, but will have to find out how to get it
to shade a selection when run in an exterm (I mean using CTRL-SPACE, as
a marker and then shade the text to wherever I take the cursor).  And I'll
also have to change some colours in pov-mode, I use a dark background for
the majority of my xterms/rxvts so black is quite difficult to see.

But I do like the new version, and the tool bar is handy when run in
new window mode, particularly for new users, but I think for my own use
I'll be finding a way of turning the tool bar off, it takes up too much
space and is too bright.

PS: the latest release of Mozilla 1.2 has text only buttons for the tool
    bar, something I missed quite badly from my Netscape days.

--
%HAV-A-NICEDAY                    email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet
Steve                                web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/