POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : SSE2 and Linux : Re: SSE2 and Linux Server Time
6 Oct 2024 14:01:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSE2 and Linux
From: Safari
Date: 4 Sep 2002 12:41:30
Message: <slrnancdtp.20m.y7pt9001@safari.homelinux.net>
On Wed,  4 Sep 2002 10:58:45 EDT, Augustus <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> The SSE2 optimizations found in the Windows port of POVRay don't seem to
> show up in the Linux port.  Why is this or am I missing something?

did compiler used to generate win binary generate SSE2 code or
does windows version include hand-coded asm optimizations?

at least with ICC 6 only one out of 10000000 executed instructions
was MMX one when I tested it some time ago (icc -tpp6 -xM).

unfortunately I can't test SSE2 stuff.

--
Safari - y7p### [at] sneakemailcomgovinvalid
"Talk is cheap. Show me the code." - Linus Torvalds