POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New POV-Ray webpage : Re: New POV-Ray webpage Server Time
11 Sep 2024 20:43:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New POV-Ray webpage
From: Antti Arola
Date: 17 Jul 2002 07:06:21
Message: <slrnajajs7.d3t.aea@skavara.ese>
On Wed, 17 Jul 2002 12:01:23 +0200, Thorsten Froehlich <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:
> In article <MPG.179ed89c4035df85989712@news.povray.org> , Lutz-Peter Hooge
><lpv### [at] gmxde>  wrote:
>
>> With "a:hover { text-decoration: underline ; color: #ff0000 }"
>> you say, that you want the content of the element "a" to be underlined if
>> the mouse is hovering above it.
>> Thats EXACTLY what Mozilla does.
>
> No, it is still a bug in Mozilla.

Does this mean my Mozilla[1] is doubly buggy because it doesn't
apply a:hover to <a name="..."> tags?

On a related note, the whole :hover thing is the single most
evil annoyance invented. About the only useful thing you can
get out of it is define :hover { display: none; } to everything.

Oh well, Mozilla *IS* a bloated piece of crap, but so are most
of the browsers available. Those that aren't, are slightly
more compact pieces of crap. I still wish someone would make
one that allowed you to disable the recognition of ANY html
tag or CSS attribute, selectively ignore colours and rendered
the page only when there would be absolutely no further changes
to the layout. The ability to drop the support for these ignored
items and such wholly unnecessary shite as Javascript and plugin
support from the executable at compile time would almost push
the whole package above "tolerable".

[F'ups set. Shouldn't someone take the whole thread to .off-topic
or something?]

[1] 0.9.9, because that's what's packaged in Debian Woody
and I don't know enough about computers to change it.

--
Antti Arola, edistyksenvastainen retropaskiainen

This message written by a complete asshole.