POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New POV-Ray webpage : Re: New POV-Ray webpage Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:20:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New POV-Ray webpage
From: Antti Arola
Date: 16 Jul 2002 15:32:49
Message: <slrnaj8t5s.820.aea@skavara.ese>
On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:21:57 +0200, Thorsten Froehlich <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:
> In article <jer### [at] netplexaussieorg> , Jerry
><jer### [at] acusdedu>  wrote:
>> An anchor needs a closing tag in the same way as <em> and <strong> need
>> closing tags. There isn't any "implied ending" except perhaps at the end
>> of a paragraph-level tag.
>
> But then, why does Mozilla turn it into a *link*, inferring that it has a
> "href" attribute while it does not?  That is a bug!!!

But it doesn't - I'm willing to bet all this whining is
because the attached CSS has "a { whatever-style: }"
instead of "a:link { whatever-style; }". At least that causes
the described behavior in 0.9.9.

Everyone, please stop whining about how the web, html
specs and browsers are broken; they have been that way
as long as they've existed and there will never be
a change to that. It sucks, but there's nothing anyone
can (or will) do about it - standard compliance or
unambiguous specifications just don't thrive in the
electronic world.

--
Antti Arola, edistyksenvastainen retropaskiainen

This message written by a complete asshole.