POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New POV-Ray webpage : Re: New POV-Ray webpage Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:27:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New POV-Ray webpage
From: Steve
Date: 16 Jul 2002 06:01:39
Message: <slrnaj7qj1.u16.steve@zeropps.org.uk>
On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 18:48:07 +0200, Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> * The trick is that the "Step 2" page contains all the data you entered in
> hidden form input fields.  So if you close the browser window without
> completing the registration, the data you entered is lost.

A bit of a twist over here on the same subject, I use a different ISP for
my mail than I do for browsing.

So I'm browsing and decide to go and do the registration thing, I fill in
all the fields then it tells me I need the key that I've been emailed.

So I go off line (I believe that the form holds my IP address which will
change every time I go online), I close all the browser windows because
I know that when you do one of these registration thingies you always
get a link to click on in the email which lets you complete the
registration.

Now I run my script that goes online gets mail and disconnects again.
I open the mail from the POV registration page to find no link, just a
key and no way of getting back to the step two page with my registration
key.

Also in the email it did this:

We have received a request from 213.122.222.164 for registration of your
email address <steve%40zeropps.uklinux.net> for the POV-Ray website.
                    ^^^

Some people may get freeked by this.

--
%HAV-A-NICEDAY                    email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet
Steve                                web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/