POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Possible POVWin feature addition : Re: Possible POVWin feature addition Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:31:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible POVWin feature addition
From: Steve
Date: 28 May 2002 14:14:40
Message: <slrnaf7i7a.qaf.steve@zeropps.org.uk>
On Sun, 26 May 2002 19:31:15 -0700, Alan Kong wrote:
>   Hello, all. The POV-Team is considering adding a notification feature
> to the Windows version of POV-Ray. We are aware that some people might
> feel such a feature is intrusive and we are sensitive to issue. Please
> bear in mind that we would not consider adding such a feature if we did
> not think it would benefit both users and the developers.
>
>   Here is what we hope to add to POV-Ray. What do you think?

A thought has occured to me, I don't really use windows but I do have a
windows machine turned on at all times under my desk.  What regimen
would be followed for network retry, this would probably cause the hard
disk to fire up every time it did a retry and after about 10 days or so
would get quite annoying if the retrys were quite regular.

I don't know if it's possible for programs to recognise when power
saving is acitve or not, but that may be something to think about.

--
#local i=.1;#local I=(i/i)/i;#local l=(i+i)/i;#local ll=(I/i)/l;box{<-ll,
-((I/I)+l),-ll><ll,-l,ll>pigment{checker scale l}finish{ambient((I/l)/I)+