POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.books : 2nd Post with Meaning :) : Re: 2nd Post with Meaning :) Server Time
19 May 2024 13:03:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2nd Post with Meaning :)
From: Ron Parker
Date: 4 Feb 2002 14:08:35
Message: <slrna5tn1l.bqv.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Mon, 4 Feb 2002 16:44:30 +0000, Mike Williams wrote:
> The macro was quite tricky to get just right, so these days, it might be
> easier to use a fairly beefy PC and (temporarily) glue all the files
> together for the final pagination and indexing.

No need.  Word has had the concept of a "master document" that links to
subdocuments for some time now.

The point isn't whether Word is powerful enough to do the job; the point is
that Word is just plain not available to a lot of people, and the format is
baroque and bizarre and very, very proprietary.  However, as I don't plan
to be involved in any book projects (having far too much on my plate as it
is, and not having anything worthwhile to share anyway) my opinion really
doesn't matter.  I merely suggested DocBook because it works for at least
one major and well-respected publisher of technical books.

--
#macro R(L P)sphere{L F}cylinder{L P F}#end#macro P(V)merge{R(z+a z)R(-z a-z)R(a
-z-z-z a+z)torus{1F clipped_by{plane{a 0}}}translate V}#end#macro Z(a F T)merge{