POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov 4.00 question : Re: Pov 4.00 question Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov 4.00 question
From: Peter J  Holzer
Date: 2 Feb 2002 10:01:13
Message: <slrna5npcm.1ag.hjp-usenet@teal.h.hjp.at>
On 2002-01-30 21:55, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Jan Walzer <jan### [at] lzernet> wrote:
> : you mean, if it would something like the following, it wouldn't be OO ?
>
>   Precisely. What you described is a typical modular language.
>   Modular languages (eg. Modula 2) can have classes, member variables,
> member functions, public and private parts, etc, but if they don't support
> inheritance and dynamic binding, they are not OO.

Modula 2 doesn't have classes (unless you have a very different concept
of "class" than me - to me a class is a set of similar things - if there
can by definition be only one thing per class, its not a class).
Modules are nothing more than name spaces. It does have dynamic binding, though.

	hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    |
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | In case of emergency break laws of physics.