POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : finish_map and layered textures : Re: finish_map and layered textures Server Time
8 Jul 2024 15:41:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: finish_map and layered textures
From: Ron Parker
Date: 29 Jan 2002 09:54:18
Message: <slrna5ddss.krk.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:39:26 +0100, Zeger Knaepen wrote:
>> > this, but then I don't understand why MegaPov doesn't have it...?
>> Some MegaPOV people are probably focusing on finishing 3.5 & the rest
>> of us are probably waiting for it to be finished so we can base patches on
>> the latest & greatest code.
> Hmmm, my actual question was: many people wanted finish_maps for a very long time,
even
> before MegaPov existed.  And yet it isn't part of MegaPov.  I wonder why.  Is it
hard to
> implement?

I wonder why you wonder.  Perhaps it's because the people who want it and
the people who would implement it aren't the same people.  The patches that
are in MegaPOV, and to some extent the features that are in POV itself, are
not there because some user or group of users wanted them.  They're there
because some programmer thought they'd be useful, or fun to implement, or
interesting to play with.

--
#macro R(L P)sphere{L F}cylinder{L P F}#end#macro P(V)merge{R(z+a z)R(-z a-z)R(a
-z-z-z a+z)torus{1F clipped_by{plane{a 0}}}translate V}#end#macro Z(a F T)merge{