POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What and why is megapov : Re: What and why is megapov Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:23:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What and why is megapov
From: Ron Parker
Date: 3 Oct 2001 09:43:24
Message: <slrn9rm5ft.jd3.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Wed, 3 Oct 2001 09:18:59 -0400, Bill DeWitt wrote:

>"Gail Shaw" <gsh### [at] monotixcoza> wrote in message
>>
>> "Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message
>> >
>> >   That was not what he posted. You should fix your news reader.
>> >

>> Unfortunatly it doesn't seem to be fixable. I spent several hours looking
>> through
>> options, the help file and the registry and I didn't find a way to stop
>> outlook
>> putting file: before every // that's followed by characters
>
>    There's no way. Warp knows that, he is telling you that he thinks you
>should run Linux and loose everything that you chose windows for to fix this
>one oddity. Usually putting a space or a third "/" works just as well as
>purchasing and installing a new OS what with all the new hardware you have
>to buy to support it and the learning curve to make it do anything.

Quite true.  Alternatively, you can be aware of this minor limitation with
your newsreader and fix it when it bothers you.  Unfortunately, I'm having
trouble finding a way to add that extra space and/or slash to my signature
to make it Outlook-friendly; anyone got any suggestions?  I can find a space
for the RON part, it's the PARKER part that seems intractable.

--
#macro R(P)z+_(P)_(P)_(P+1)_(P+1)+z#end#macro Q(C)bicubic_patch{type 1u_steps 6
v_steps 6R(1)R(3)R(5)R(7)translate 9*z-2pigment{rgb z}}#end#macro _(Y)#local X=