POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isn't it time for a new pov benchmark? : Re: Isn't it time for a new pov benchmark? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:17:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isn't it time for a new pov benchmark?
From: Steve
Date: 20 Aug 2001 13:44:26
Message: <slrn9o2iot.5re.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 16:08:17 +0200, Adrien Beau wrote:
>Ken wrote:
>>
>> There are still people running machines with much less
>> than 128 megs and even those people with 128 megs installed have
>> the OS using up much of those resources.
>
>Then they have a problem. They shouldn't use an OS that eats
>the vast majority of the installed RAM. Either they use an OS
>that eats less memory, or intall more memory.

That's not allways an option, I find that people tend to have as
much hardware as they can afford.  I have one machine here with
Win 95 which has 32 M RAM, and if I get more memory it's going in
the main box, not in the Win 95 machine.

There will be people on this group who have only one machine and
have only 32M RAM and no opportunity to do upgrades such as OS or
memory.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  6:35pm  up 37 days, 20:39,  2 users,  load average: 1.02, 1.03, 1.00