POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New news interface (beta) : Re: New news interface (beta) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:13:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New news interface (beta)
From: Steve
Date: 14 Aug 2001 17:38:08
Message: <slrn9nj651.j90.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 19:00:44 -0700, Ken wrote:

>"Rick [Kitty5]" wrote:
>>
>> > "This is not to say that you have to use this web interface. If you have a
>> > news client software installed, and you can connect to the news server
>> > directly, you can try both and decide which is best for you."
>>
>> nobody reads those things :)
>
>I spent a fair amount of time writing it. Somebody BETTER be reading it!

I liked the instructions and thought they were very clear, they would be
understandable to your average windws/web user who's never heard of usenet
while not being so low level as to make it boaring and tedious to read for
others.

It's amazing how many people there are out there who've never heard of news
groups or news servers.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 10:28pm  up 32 days, 31 min,  2 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00