POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : AOL access to POVray : Re: Never Mind Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:03:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Never Mind
From: Steve
Date: 31 May 2001 13:13:05
Message: <slrn9hcbdm.27n.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Wed, 30 May 2001 01:22:52 -0500, yooper wrote:
>yooper wrote:

>Hmmm ... how do I download only 100 headers?  I have it set
>to get 250 at a time but I thought that only *displayed* the next 250 .
>. .
>and that all of them have already been downloaded when I did
>the sync.  I know that it took a very long time just to sync the 26K
>in General . . . and my HD was working the entire time. Will have
>to experiment.

Can't you just wait untill you go on the road and then edit your current
working account to use AOL, but leave all the pov stuff in that account
as it is, as the pov stuff is independent of any ISP settings.  Don't
change the account name or anything like that, just change the necessary
dial up stuff.  I'm sure it's possible to do it like that.

That way you'll be bang up to date, and won't have to go through marking
threads that you've already read etc.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 10:57am  up 118 days, 11:46,  2 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00