POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Re: Using the Emacs POV-Mode in the win32 XEmacs : Re: Using the Emacs POV-Mode in the win32 XEmacs Server Time
5 Jul 2024 06:53:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using the Emacs POV-Mode in the win32 XEmacs
From: Ron Parker
Date: 24 Apr 2001 09:35:12
Message: <slrn9eb08h.48d.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Tue, 24 Apr 2001 15:32:08 +0200, Christoph Hormann wrote:
>I meant it actually returned *before* the render was finished.  Since no
>output is generated anyway this does not make much difference of course.

Of course it returns before the render is finished.  That, however, is a
Windows issue and not a POV-Ray issue.  If you're using a batch file,
consider the various options given to you by the "start" command.  If
programming in a more useful language, ponder the ShellExecuteEx function
and how it could be used with WaitForSingleObject to achieve the desired
goal.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.