POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : A little something fun to play with : Re: A little something fun to play with Server Time
8 Jul 2024 11:05:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A little something fun to play with
From: Ron Parker
Date: 19 Apr 2001 09:21:00
Message: <slrn9dtpht.efv.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On 19 Apr 2001 07:59:14 -0400, Geoff Wedig wrote:
>Very, very clever.  I like it a lot.  Looking over the code, I can see how
>it's done, but not how you came up with it.

Well, the inspiration came from a paper I ran across, about a third of the
way down this page:
http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~ostrom/publications/abstracts.html
under the heading "Mathematical Tools for Computer-Generated Ornamental
Patterns."

The actual implementation was ripped off from my hextiles pattern of long
ago, which I'd been working on this week for unspecified reasons.  The
combination of the two gave rise to this.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.