POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How do I generate random numbers : Re: How do I generate random numbers Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do I generate random numbers
From: Ron Parker
Date: 5 Apr 2001 09:43:18
Message: <slrn9cotjm.f0s.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Wed, 04 Apr 2001 22:59:58 -0400, Greg M. Johnson wrote:
>It is the case that the word "random" in the 3.1 help never brings up the
>actual RAND() function: perhaps this should be changed for the 3.5 help.

That's actually true of a lot of functions.  Try finding cross product, or
normalize, or concatenate.  You can't find them in the index.  But short of
making an entire help page for each tiny function, there's not much that
can be done about that, because that's the way help is.  That's why help
has a search function (cleverly disguised as that Find button in the top
left corner of the screen.)  Typing 'random' in the search box returns,
among other things, the "float functions" topic, and if you're using
POV and you've even looked at the manual, you should be able to figure out
what sort of things you'd find in that topic.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.