POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : italicized text : Re: italicized text Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:13:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: italicized text
From: Ron Parker
Date: 30 Mar 2001 21:57:40
Message: <slrn9caht8.14g.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Fri, 30 Mar 2001 16:01:45 -0700, Bill Brehm wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Is there a way to tell POVRay to italicize or otherwise modify (such as
>bold, underline, strikethrough, etc.) text objects? I'm aware that some
>fonts have separate italicized, bold and italicized-bold font files, but the
>one I need to use doesn't.

You can skew the text with a matrix, I suppose, but it won't really be
italic, technically.  For underline or strikethrough, you'll have to
create and position boxes appropriately.  For bold, the only thing I
can offer is to create two copies of the string and offset them a bit
horizontally so the vertical strokes get thicker, but of course that
only works for fonts that already have fine horizontal strokes.  Arial,
for example, will not look like Arial Bold if you thicken it horizontally.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.