POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #local access : Re: #local access Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:07:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #local access
From: Ron Parker
Date: 1 Mar 2001 16:31:03
Message: <slrn99tfsq.vjb.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On 1 Mar 2001 16:26:36 -0500, Ron Parker wrote:
>Presumably this could be changed to work the way you expect, but I'd hesitate
>to call it a bug.

Actually, I take that back.  Even if it did find the Parent's "Var" when it
tried to figure out what "Var + 1" means, it would still put the result in
a local variable called Var which would be thrown out when Child() returned,
leaving Parent()'s version set to what it was.  Any other behavior would
make #local meaningless.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.