POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Doc bug - substr() : Re: Doc bug? #range - not a doc bug. Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Doc bug? #range - not a doc bug.
From: Ron Parker
Date: 23 Feb 2001 15:19:43
Message: <slrn99dhf2.rtb.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On 23 Feb 2001 14:36:47 -0500, Geoff Wedig wrote:
>funky things happen.  This has *long* been a standard.  If I were doing
>dividing, where a small roundoff could have occured, then there might've
>been some question, but in this case, we're dealing with integers added to
>integers, albeit stored as floats.  I can't see why they'd conflict in this
>fashion.  Or is POV doing something extremely funky with the clock?  I
>suppose it's possible that rather than use the settings I gave it for
>initial and final clock, it still does 0-1, but then multiplies it by the
>difference and adds the initial_clock, to get the clock setting given to the
>scene file, but that seems like a lot of work when the true values are right
>there.

That's what I thought it must be doing, too, at first, but I see now that
it computes the clock delta and adds it for each frame.  The clock delta is
given by (final_clock-initial_clock)/(final_frame-initial_frame), which
should be exactly 1 unless you're using an old Pentium, but perhaps there's
something funky about division that I don't understand.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.