POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Doc bug - substr() : Re: Doc bug? #range - not a doc bug. Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Doc bug? #range - not a doc bug.
From: Ron Parker
Date: 23 Feb 2001 08:05:19
Message: <slrn99co0f.rlc.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On 23 Feb 2001 07:23:32 -0500, Warp wrote:
>Geoff Wedig <wed### [at] darwinepbicwruedu> wrote:
>:> Are you sure clock is an integer?
>
>: Well, initial_clock and final clock are both integers, and equal to initial
>: frame and final frame respectively.  And in the log they're all .00000, so
>: yeah, pretty sure. ;)
>
>  It may (seem to) have an integer value, but that doesn't mean that it's
>an integer type.
>  As all values in povray, it's a floating point value. It shouldn't be
>necessary to say more...

It shouldn't be, but I will anyway.  If when we calculate the clock value
we divide before we multiply, we can get roundoff error.  I'm pretty sure
that if we multiply before we divide, we won't, so that's why I wanted the
original values Geoff used: so I can have a test case.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.