POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Q: Your scripting style : Re: Q: Your scripting style Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Q: Your scripting style
From: Steve
Date: 12 Feb 2001 14:57:56
Message: <slrn98gf8p.dg.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
I tend to have everything in one file, and quite often copy wood textures
and the like into my main file.

I have lights, camera and box (faster than plane), at the top.

Then create the objects seperating each one with a comment line that's
easy to read and has the object name in it like:

// *************************  Open_Green_Box   ********************

Then at the bottom of the file I place my objects.  You can see examples
of my code on my web page.  I sometimes move the camera to the bottom of
the file because the object that I'm working on is always the last one
before the object placememnt statements, I always work on an object untill
it's completely finished and then move on to the next object.

As Ron mentioned I usually have a test variable at the top of my file so
that I can turn transparency off on some objects to make tests go much
faster.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  6:52pm  up 10 days, 20:31,  2 users,  load average: 1.15, 1.32, 1.32