POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Suggestion: array functions : Re: Suggestion: array functions Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestion: array functions
From: Ron Parker
Date: 12 Feb 2001 12:08:55
Message: <slrn98g654.183.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Mon, 12 Feb 2001 09:03:54 -0800, Ryan Constantine wrote:
>>   The upcoming pov3.5 will be using C++ and the standard deque class could be
>> used to make most of those automatically and fast.
>
>are you sure?

He's seen the source code, so I'd guess he's sure.  Except that STL isn't
portable enough yet for even the supported platforms.

>i thought the total rewrite wasn't scheduled until version 4?

True.

>isn't 3.5 just going to be the official version of megapov,

False, though there are some features in common between the two.

>still written in C?

False.  Most of it still looks like C, but it will require a C++ compiler.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.