POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Still no guestbook, help : Re: Still no guestbook, help Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:15:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Still no guestbook, help
From: Ron Parker
Date: 4 Feb 2001 22:27:38
Message: <slrn97s77c.3ps.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Sun, 04 Feb 2001 21:11:49 -0600, David Fontaine wrote:
>So he STILL hasn't answered my email. If anyone here can grab the source
>and see what's wrong, or if it's the webmaster's problem, please help!

That sounds like an apache configuration thing (but not necessarily a
problem; he may want it that way.)  Specifically, your httpd.conf might
contain something like this:

<limitexcept HEAD GET>
  Deny from all
</limitexcept>

This is probably not a mistake.  You might be able to override it in an
.htaccess file, but this is something you need to talk to your webmaster
about.

>Everything in the directory is chmoded to 777 "-rwxrwxrwx".

That's not a good idea.

It's also not a good idea to run anything from Matt's Script Archive; his
stuff is so full of holes you could use it to fish.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.