POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What happened to off-topic? : Re: What happened to off-topic? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What happened to off-topic?
From: Peter J  Holzer
Date: 3 Jan 2001 20:01:58
Message: <slrn957hb4.rch.hjp-usenet@teal.h.hjp.at>
On Wed, 3 Jan 2001 13:33:40 -0500, Bill Dewitt wrote:

>"Ken" <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in message
>>
>> How may I help you with POV-Ray today ?
>
>    Well, Ken, since you seem to be implying that p.g. is not the proper
>place for this -on-topic- discussion...

This is not an on-topic discussion. This group is about

    povray.general              -- General discussions about POV-Ray

It may be unfortunate that there is no group for discussing policies of
this news server, but since the server is private property, the owner
doesn't have to discuss his policies.

>    I should learn my place and just shut up when you order me to,

Yes, you should. If I were a guest at your house and you ordered me to
shut up or leave for any reason (because I was insulting your other
guests, was discussing inappropriate (in your opinion) subjects or
simply saying something you didn't like) I certainly would comply.

I may not agree with the decision to shut down pot, but this is not my
server, so I won't debate the right of the owner to run his server as he
pleases (I certainly wouldn't want anyone else to tell me how to run my
server). If you want a server with different policies, run your own.

	hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | Es war nicht Gegenstand der Abstimmung zu

__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |	-- Johannes Schwenke <jby### [at] ginkode>