POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wiki? : Re: Wiki? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wiki?
From: Steve
Date: 13 Dec 2000 08:08:58
Message: <slrn93eq8l.kk7.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On 13 Dec 2000 02:00:04 -0500, ingo wrote:
>Steve wrote:
>
>>So which of those things aren't available on this news server? OK you
>>can't edit other poeples messages, but apart from that?
>
>Easy acces.
>To find something on this newsserver is not easy, most people probably
>only can search headers, not the body. And you'd have to search several
>groups.

So what you're saying is that the people who post here don't use accurate
subject lines, these same people would be adding the content to the web
space that you talk of (probably adding zipped up code that you can't
search).

>Take for example bicubic_patches, a while ago Ron explained to me how they
>worked. At that moment I thought this should be in the doc's. Where there
>a Wiki thing parts of the thread could have been put up there. Editet by
>visitors. Recently Rune asked for some specific use of patches. The
>information this brought up could then easily be added. Without a big
>effort a good tutorial is made.

Again same as I said above, but I am able to search the whole messages
and groups and clusters/sets of groups (but this is no place to harp
on about a superior OS).

I'll have a look for the stuff on bicubic_patches for you and report
back to this thread.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 11:51am  up 63 days, 14:16,  3 users,  load average: 1.54, 1.18, 1.06