POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Could not create image buffer? : Re: Is Povray Open Source (was: Could not create image buffer?) Server Time
10 Jun 2024 08:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is Povray Open Source (was: Could not create image buffer?)
From: Ron Parker
Date: 8 Dec 2000 08:34:38
Message: <slrn931orf.sgd.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Fri, 8 Dec 2000 12:20:58 +0100, Peter J. Holzer wrote:
>Because of this narrow definition, I listed this point as "A partial
>match at best".

Right.  Because of this and the distribution clause, the POV-Ray license
is not an Open Source license.  It's close, but close doesn't count as we
all know from watching Sun and Netscape and Apple and others stumble
repeatedly over the OSD.  Rather than invoke the wrath of Perens, I prefer
to note whenever possible that we don't use that term to describe our
license.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.