POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New povray webring : Re: New povray webring Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New povray webring
From: Guillermo S  Romero
Date: 28 Nov 2000 15:08:00
Message: <slrn928450.1v8.unnamed@blitzkrieg.battleship>
Hi:

I finally got slrn news reader working (until I learn how to use
leafnode mini news server).

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000 09:58:24 -0500, Greg M. Johnson
<gre### [at] my-dejanewscom> wrote:
>If it helps, here is a smaller, cuter use of the logo that was
accepted into his ring.

The rule is that you have the logo visible. The size can be any size
that is visible, for example 80 * 80 or maybe even 40 * 40. Anybody
that has doubt can ask to pov### [at] infernal-icebergcom

>http://www.infernal-iceberg.com/povray/

That site is mine. ;] It is a valid example of logo and custom nav
bar.  The one in http://webring.povray.org/ is another example. The
big size is due the fact that scaling or modifing (bg fill, ie) from
big to small can give good results but not the inverse.

>Phil Clute wrote:
>> > What?  No vote on the webring logo?  I hate the logo for it.
Sorry, but I do...

The size seems to be the problem. The text is more or less like
POV-Ray site, with a torus behind (ring).

>> I have to agree. There was a recent vote for official pov logos,
>> Tony's would function nicely as a ring...

Recent? It was time ago.

GSR