POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : feature request (regarding &,|) : Re: feature request (regarding &,|) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:11:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: feature request (regarding &,|)
From: Ron Parker
Date: 20 Nov 2000 16:10:50
Message: <slrn91j4qs.ccg.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 17:56:05 -0600, David Fontaine wrote:
>because you don't need to read ahead or look at indentation to see that you're
>limiting a to an interval (0,10) (or is that [0,10]?). Same goes for a

(0,10)

>non-contigous set:
>  #if((a>0 & a<10) | a>20 | a=15)
>Imagine that coded as individual tests!

I think you might be missing the important point here: we currently have and
and or operators, but they don't short-circuit.  The result is that you
can't say things like

#if ( a != 0 and 5/a > 2 )

because the parser will puke on 5/a if a really is zero.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.