POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Very quick/small survey, please fill! : Re: Very quick/small survey, please fill! Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:15:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very quick/small survey, please fill!
From: Steve
Date: 18 Nov 2000 22:41:13
Message: <slrn91eik5.qv8.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 11:08:38 -0500, Simon Lemieux wrote:

>I love linux, and the only reason why I'm going to MacOS X is that I'll be able
>to use my current prefered application for editing povray, sending mail and
>news, etc s'called Emacs!

But most Linux distros come with emacs, I use it all the time for POV,
Perl, editing Makefiles etc.  I find it a bit too bulky to use for news
or mail, so for them I use Pico, (which I'm hopefully going to patch to
use SHIF Arrow marking).  But emacs with syntax hilighting for pov is
one essential I waouldn't be without now that I've used it.   You can
get povmode.el for emax at:

http://www.acc.umu.se/~woormie/povray/

I use this in conjunction with an Rxvt utility of my own
called PovMenu, available here:

http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/linstuff.html

And there's even a screenshot now aswell.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  2:24am  up 39 days,  4:46,  2 users,  load average: 1.01, 1.02, 1.08