POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : where is it? : Re: where is it? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: where is it?
From: Ron Parker
Date: 9 Nov 2000 14:29:51
Message: <slrn90lum2.1ui.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On 9 Nov 2000 02:02:29 -0500, ingo wrote:
>David Fontaine wrote:
>
>>ingo wrote:
>>
>>> A while ago somebody asked about placing text, I think on a curve. In
>>> this thread Ron posted a macro to manipulate text. Could somebody
>>> point me to the thread, I can't find it anymore.
>>
>>What do you want to do?
>
>I just want a look at the macro, since I didn't pay mutch attention I
>don't remember what it all exactly was about. So I cant find it and doing
>a XPAT search in all groups on Ron is a bit to mutch.

Worse yet, it may not have been I who posted it.  I certainly don't remember
writing such a macro.

Here's a post that might be what you're looking for.  It's not a macro,
though.

  From: "Eric Freeman" <eri### [at] ametronet>
  Newsgroups: povray.text.scene-files
  Subject: Curved Text for Handler
  Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 02:46:58 -0500

The original thread was at least partly in povray.binaries.images; here's
the info on the post that started it off:

  From: "Handler" <web### [at] netscapenet>
  Newsgroups: povray.binaries.images
  Subject: Bending text into a curve or partial arc? Is this possible?
  Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 07:42:20 -0400

Unfortunately, it's expired from the server.  Remco de Korte followed up
with a solution as well, but I'm not sure if there was a macro to go with
it.  You might look at other stuff around the same date in one of the
scene-files groups.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.