POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Toughts about texturing system : Re: Toughts about texturing system Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:06:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Toughts about texturing system
From: Ron Parker
Date: 4 Oct 2000 17:42:46
Message: <slrn8tn941.fbq.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Wed, 04 Oct 2000 23:26:38 +0200, Fabien Mosen wrote:
>By "finish value", I mean the rgb value that contributes to the
>final material aspect at a given point.  Imagine a Red sphere,
>with a white phong highlight.  The "finish value" is different for
>points "covered" by the highlight, and for points that are
>"outside" the highlight. (though the "finish parameters" are constant).

Your definition of "finish value" is basically meaningless.  You also can't
get the final color of a pigment without knowing where all the light sources
are.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.
Proudly not helping RIAA and SDMI steal my rights --
  http://www.eff.org/Misc/EFF/Newsletters/EFFector/HTML/effect13.08.html