POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 4.0 Feature discussion : Re: 4.0 Feature discussion Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 4.0 Feature discussion
From: Peter J  Holzer
Date: 29 Sep 2000 16:01:46
Message: <slrn8t9s2p.r5e.hjp-usenet@teal.h.hjp.at>
On Fri, 29 Sep 2000 12:30:34 +0100, Tom Melly wrote:
>"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message
>>   So what makes a language powerful is not the number of lines but
>> how easy and intuitive is to make something.
>>
>>   If I want a more "powerful" language, what stops me from using
>> whatever language I want to generate the povray output?
>

>Interesting idea - has anyone ever written an alternative scene
>language for POV (e.g. OOP) that, when run, outputs a translation to
>normal pov scene lang.?

Not a real scene language, but a few of my earliest scenes are actually
a combination of hand-coded povscript and perl-generated pov-script. So
you could say I used perl as a scene-description language :-)

Don't remember why I did it this way. PovRay 3.0 already had #while and
#if. Maybe it wasn't in the docs.

	hp

--

|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | vor dem rechner.

__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |       at.linux, 2000-09-24