POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fibonacci Mosaics (151KB & 145KB) : Re: Fibonacci Mosaics (151KB & 145KB) - crackle.jpg (1/1) Server Time
28 Apr 2024 08:40:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fibonacci Mosaics (151KB & 145KB) - crackle.jpg (1/1)
From: Ron Parker
Date: 8 Sep 2000 10:44:35
Message: <slrn8rhvj6.19a.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Thu, 07 Sep 2000 19:39:16 -0500, Chris Huff wrote:
>I have attached an image of a sphere with a crackle pigment. As you see,
>it has separate "cells". In the official version and MegaPOV, these are
>located randomly, I was wondering if it would be possible to specify
>their locations and strengths manually, maybe as an extension to the
>blob pattern.

Yes, but you'd need an efficient data structure to find the closest center
to a given sample point quickly.  Fortunately, I've done some work in that
field (though in 2D) so I have some ideas on how it might be done.

Such a pattern would solve Gilles' lizard-skin problem, too.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.