POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Parsing : Re: POV Parsing Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Parsing
From: Peter J  Holzer
Date: 3 Sep 2000 10:00:39
Message: <slrn8r4l2a.g94.hjp-usenet@teal.h.hjp.at>
On Thu, 31 Aug 2000 23:20:44 -0500, Chris Huff wrote:
>In article <39AF1FCD.4B0CE825@faricy.net>, David Fontaine
><dav### [at] faricynet> wrote:
>
>> And where's the stinkin' #for? :)
>
>Now, *this* I have no idea how to implement, though I would use a
>C/Java-like syntax instead of the BASIC-like syntax.

Since a C for loop:

for (A; B; C) {
    D;
}

is just an abbreviation for

A;
while(B) {
    D;
    C;
}

(well, if you ignore continue, anyway)
and we already have a while loop in Povray, that shouldn't be too hard.

>The modulo operator would be just as easy...but the best operator
>to use for it would be %, and that is already used in MegaPOV as a
>shortcut for #local.

Oh. I didn't notice that. Cool! I always thought that redeclaring a
variable at every assignment is somewhat inelegant.

	hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | Nicht an Tueren mangelt es,
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | sondern an der Einrichtung (aka Content).
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |       zum Thema Portale in at.linux