POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 72 Antiblobs (120kB + 22kB) : Re: 72 Antiblobs (120kB + 22kB) Server Time
28 Apr 2024 15:33:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 72 Antiblobs (120kB + 22kB)
From: Steve
Date: 24 Aug 2000 11:18:03
Message: <slrn8qa7d8.7ov.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Thu, 24 Aug 2000 00:20:39 +0200, Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

>The first days I got so bored when I was sitting on the
>ferry (or waiting for it) that I started up POV-Ray and
>did some renderings.
>
>But the laptop's LCD is quite bad for viewing the
>results, so I became quite  frustrated when I couldn't
>see clearly the details I wanted to examine in the image.
>
>Therefore I don't render in the car anymore. But I
>often think about ideas I have (like these antiblobs)
>when I'm travelling.
>
>I have also found that I don't like to render when I'm
>feeling alone (like in the car which also is an "off-line
>place").
>
>Being online and reading these POV-news groups
>inspires me a lot when I'm POV-ing.

Wow that's multi-tasking.

The solution's simple, d/l the newsgroups so that you can read
them off line, and get petrol generator so that you can plug
a standard monitor in and use it with you'r notebook, presumably
you have something that allows you to plug the notebook into
the car's cigarette lighter (to allow you to do renders that take
more than on hour).

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 12:26pm  up 2 days, 16:44,  2 users,  load average: 1.04, 1.06, 1.05